Search This Blog

Friday, August 22, 2014

There Is A New Egg Lady In Town!

We are happy to report Drew's EGGcelent EGGs has now come full circle.
As many of you know,
My Daddy started Drewman in this little business.
Drewman was in the 8th grade when Drew's EGGcelent EGGs made it's first appearance at our local Farmer's Market.
The egg business has evolved to a weekly delivery route and a pickup location.

In the early years,
I would drive Drewman to make his deliveries and to Farmer's Market.

The past 3 years,
Drewman has done all the delivering, purchasing of feed and maintaining the finances of Drew's EGGcelent EGGs.
It is HIS business, after all.

Holding an Oklahoma Egg License, there must be a certified egg washer.
This person must be of legal age.
Therefore, I became the CEW.

Now that Drewman has soared off to college,
I have decided to continue Drew's EGGcelent EGGs.

Drew's EGGcelent EGGs has been a great adventure for Drewman.
It kept money in his pocket, made him become more social, added to his independence and made him more responsible.

I am not sure Drew's EGGcelent EGGs will do all the above for me.
I feel like have already accomplished most.
After all, I am the mother of two amazing men, Rancher Girl and Flower Boy's other half.
:-)

Why am I continuing the business?

Drewman has an amazing customer base.
They have been loyal to him.
These customers have been patient and understanding when production goes down or Drewman has had activities that have kept him from deliveries.

I feel compelled to honor them, just as they have honored Drewman.

Drew's EGGcelent EGGs will continue to provide a source of income.
Although it may be in my pocket, more so than Drewman's.
HA!
I have found a few items that are currently calling my name.
This egg gig may be my ticket to their purchase.

Seriously,
I don't know where the income will go, just yet.
There are repairs needing to be made to pens.
A larger hen house that needs to be completed.
Fencing needing to be done.
Plus, replacement layers are always being purchased.
AND
Drewman does have college expenses.

What I do know...
Flower Boy makes a feed store trip every Saturday morning.
Chicken feed will be added to that list.

Do any of you see where this is going?
This egg gig could be a total profit and win/win for me!
Flower Boy buy the chicken feed...
Me pocket the profits...
WINNING!!!

Somehow, Flower Boy doesn't see this as winning.
I don't know why!
Do you?

In the end, this is Drewman's business.
He owns it.
Flower Boy and I are helping to maintain it and provide the best possible input we can to continue Drew's EGGcelent EGGs success.

Last evening, was my first delivery as The New EGG Lady In Town.
Flower Boy was my chauffeur.
We had a great evening together.
It was nice to get out and visit with all the customers.

Here's to new adventures and opportunities!

XOXO,
Rancher Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment