Search This Blog

Thursday, February 7, 2013

We Have An Audience!

Being new to the blogging world, I have discovered the stats section on our blog dashboard.
The dashboard is where you go to write, view or edit your blog.
Scrolling through, I found we actually have an audience!

I made a post, on Facebook, a few weeks back, asking how my friends read the blog.
The response was mostly, "From the Facebook post".
I have the blog set to "share" each update to my Facebook page.

A few receive the update via email.
That special aunt and Flower Boy being the few...
I THOUGHT!

According to our dashboard, our audience extends to Germany, United Kingdom, Malaysia, Sweden, Australia, Ireland, France, Indonesia, Romania and The United States!
Since the first blog post, made on November 26, 2012, there have been a total of 4,305 views.
4,255 of these views have been from The United States.
There are, on average, approximately 50 views per post, some a little more, some a little less. 
With the exception of "HOUSE FIRE" and "If Walls Could Talk", each of those have over 100 views.

The dashboard also provides us with traffic sources.
As I said, the majority of our traffic is via Facebook.
There are several website statistic service sites that pop in to take a look.
Someone has even popped in from The Pioneer Woman website!
This most likely is because I keep commenting/entering on all the things she gives away, on her blog.
She gives really neat things and I NEED them all!

We have been searched by keywords;
a building we will go
a building we shall go
and

Google appears to be the main search engine.

The main browsers being used are;
Internet Explorer
Safari
Mobile Safari
Firefox
and
Chrome

The top operating systems for page views are;
iPhone
Windows
Android
iPad
Macintosh
and
Linux

What the dashboard doesn't tell us;
the subscribes to the blog via email
or
the names of our readers

SO....
We would like to know our extended audience, outside of Facebook.
Where are you from?
How did you find us?
What do you think?
Please tell us by commenting below.

Hoping those views, outside The United States, aren't just the website statistic service sites...
That would just burst my bubble.

HEADS UP!

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/07/2013

    I'm possibly your closest viewer in relation to distance :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sondra Barrett2/07/2013

    Hi - Bobbie Sue - I am from Perry, America. I will be watching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am Sarmad Sam from Karachi, Pakistan. I came across your blog searching for woof palette floors and I've been reading upwards from the fire incident.
    Things come and go (some take a part of you with them) but we only live once. Thank God no one was hurt from the incident & now you have a wonderful home which not only you saw built, but documented it wonderfully for others to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam,
      Thank you for reading.
      We have been blessed beyond anything we could have ever imagined. The entire blog started as a way to document the house build for friends and family not living close to us, as well as our fear of losing everything again. We are so glad we documented the build and have continued to blog.

      Delete
  4. Where are you from I'm from Virginia, USA

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello Rancher Girl!! already said in another post. I'm from Brazil and I met through her ​​blog a photo on the floor pallet that is circulating on Facebook. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm from Indiana and found your blog....well it's kind of round-a-bout, but I clicked on a dyi article about a wood pallet floor...from there I was sent to blogger and of course I wanted to read more so I clicked around until I found the blog.....Your story is quite an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee!
      Thanks for following along! We love our life, even with all the bumps and obstacles. We wouldn't trade it for anything!

      Delete
  7. Southern California here, formerly Indiana. I say that because I found your blog the same way as Lee. Thanks for blogging, This is very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete